Sunday, October 5, 2014

DIY Halloween Decorations- Simple & Black

I love the simplicity of all-black silhouette decorations for Halloween. I simply got random cheap items from a thrift store (all about $1 or less) and a spray painted everything black. 


Here are some close up examples:


   


And an entire wreath spray painted black: 

This one was an old painting (also a thrift store find) in a beautiful, but beat up frame. The frame was exquisite once spray painted black, then I covered up the painting in aluminum foil that I just slightly crinkled before applying it. The tree silhouette was a clear plastic transparency print that I just happened to find at a craft store on clearance. 


And one of my favorites, a fruit bowl with fake grapes spray painted black:

 Using black craft foam, I cut out this witch silhouette and used white sewing thread to string through the top and hang it from the ceiling hook for the light. 
'


These old wooden candle sticks from a thrift store were painted with a layer of silver acrylic paint first, then a layer of crackle paint primer (like found here or at your local craft store for a few dollars), then black acrylic paint on top!

Add bloody candles to the candlesticks by dripping wax from a red candle over a white candle. Here's a video tutorial.


No comments:

Post a Comment